How to Clean Floor Tiles Naturally
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tile floors, which are at the top of the list of day-to-day floor choices, have always been the choice of most homeowners for a particular space. They are easier to clean than any other floor.
Tile floors are most preferred for those areas of the house which are mostly used or water work is done more. The tile floor is perfect and quite durable for such places as the kitchen, toilet, entrance, etc.
Although wet dry vacuums are good at wet cleaning so you can easily dry wet places, at some point they leave stubborn stains on the tiles. You should not choose hardwood floors for kitchens or toilets as frequent use of water can cause wooden floors to lose their original view.
However, the main problem with tile floors is that they do not break easily, but due to the frequent movement of water, stubborn stains appear on them, especially on the grout. Due to the busy schedule, we neglect regular cleaning and the stains tend to become permanent. In this case, the use of a vacuum cleaner is not enough.
Lack of proper methods and cleaner at the right time can cause them to lose their brightness. Today we will discuss how to clean the tile floor naturally. And we will know everything about it.
How to Clean Tile Floor Naturally
As you may know, there are several types of tiles we use including ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, marble or natural tiles, vinyl tiles, cork tiles, etc. It may be that you use only one tile from there or two types so it would be most reasonable to be aware of cleaning all types of tiles. We will present the proper rules for cleaning all these tiles.
One word that comes up again and again in our discussion is grout, so
What Is Grout
When building houses, the builders arrange the tiles one by one, then there is a small gap between each tile and there is unevenness which is not completely ready for our use. To make the tiles ultimately usable, builders making grout with water, cement, and sand to fill in the gaps that make the tiles smooth. Grout is a key part of tile cleaning. With proper grout cleaning, the tiles regain their original identity.
Before I start the process of tile cleaning, I will share a few recipes for grout cleaners, I am sure most of you will be more interested to know the recipes for grout cleaners.
Recipe No #1
Ingredient you’ll need
- Baking Soda – ½ cup
- Hydrogen Peroxide – ¼ cup
- Dish Soap – 1 t. spoon
- Lemon Juice – 3 t. spoon
Instruction with the Recipe
- Mix up the entire ingredient in a bowl
- Apply on the grout accurately
- Wait for 10 minutes
- Confidently scrub and wipe the mixer, get fully clean of grout lines
Recipe No #2
Ingredient you’ll need
- Baking soda – 1 cup
- Hydrogen peroxide – 1 cup
Instruction with the Recipe
- Spread baking soda over the grout line and cover the line completely
- Spray hydrogen peroxide on baking soda, as if it gets wet
- Wait for 5-10 minutes
- Scrub and wipe
How to Clean Grout Lines (In Details)
Learn more about cleaning grout lines. You are now ready with that cleaner.
- Give the cleaner some time: Any recipe will definitely take some time to work. If you think you are ready with a great cleaner and you will get an excellent result as soon as you apply it, you are wrong. The cleaner should give time to attack the stubborn spots. Let it do for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Scrub the grout lines: The grout lines will not get as smooth as the tile. There are very small holes in it so you can use a thin brush to make it clean deep. It could be a toothbrush. Scrub the lines with a brush and you will see that the dirt has come loose.
- Mop the lines: After scrubbing very well, wash it off with water. Don’t just use water, wipe with a towel while pouring water. Surely you can see very clean grout lines.
So here is the how you can clean grout so easily.
To Clean Tiles What You Need
Tools You Need
- Get a vacuum cleaner (handheld, upright, canister, stick any kind of) and broom
- Cloth for dry dust mop
- Cloth for wet mop
- Small size bowl and a spoon
- Take extra cloth to final mop
- A spray bottle
- Small firm brush
Supplies You Need
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dishwasher liquid
- Lemon juice (for extra)
How to Clean Ceramic or Porcelain Tile Floor
The method of cleaning ceramic and porcelain tiles is almost the same. Follow the steps below to restore the shine of your wonderful tiles.
- Clean the floor with a vacuum: It is important to vacuum the area well before starting any cleaning work. A skilled vacuum cleaner can better suck up all the dry soil or sand than you can clean with empty hands. But I’m not just talking about a specific day. You need to vacuum or sweep regularly every day to keep your tile floor bright. This is because excess dust can ruin the tile’s luster. So you should vacuum your rooms as well as take some time out to take care of the tiles.
- Mop regularly: You will notice how bright it looks when you wipe dry dirt from a place with a damp cloth. Wipe the tiles in the same way after sweeping. If you think that just using water doesn’t restore its brightness, use some amount of detergent and it will work just like magic. If there is any dirt, it will come up because of the detergent.
However, make sure that the detergent does not contain high chemicals. It can damage the tile. Do not pick anything that will scratch the tile, use rug or chamois type mop.
- Notice the tile’s stains: Although such tiles are easy to clean, unfortunately, they trap dirt that has been blown away by the wind, especially on grout lines (I have already described how to clean them) so be aware of the stains on them when cleaning them. Germs can spread.
Toilets and kitchens are important areas of any home and should always be kept clean and germ-free. So be sure to scrub while tile cleaning.
You don’t need a strong cleaner to clean them. You can mix soap with mild hot water and clean it, you can add lemon juice if you want for better results; it will get rid of dirt quickly.
- Pour water and clean: You have finished removing the stains from your tiles and now you wash them with water. Remember that a tile-like material that gets liquid in any condition floats after drying. If there is soapy water or scrubbed loose dirt anywhere, it can float after drying, so wash the floor with enough water.
You should pour water constantly and squeeze the water with a soft bristle broom so that there is no chance of dirty or soapy water. Hope you did the job properly.
- Caution regarding tile drying: After cleaning the tile floor, the last thing to do is mop it. Yes, you need to wipe the floor with a towel. Because after washing with water it spreads in the form of dots everywhere, this dot water after drying leaves a kind of stain on the tiles which can ruin your whole work. If the tiles are not bright, then this whole process has no value.
So dry it with a soft towel before air-drying, although it brings an advantage for you. If the tile is left to dry, there is no fear of inadvertently slipping children.
How to Clean Marble or Stone Tiles
When cleaning marble and stone tiles such as slate tiles or granite tiles, you need to think about excluding vinegar and all chemicals. We usually use vinegar to remove all stains and it is really effective but we cannot use it to clean such titles as it can cause serious damage to the tiles and chemical ingredients can ruin their beauty. Since you will not replace your tile decoration frequently, keep these elements away, because it’s really costly and troublesome.
- Marble tile: Marble tile enhances the beauty of the house. So they need to maintain their brightness through proper cleaning. They are more sensitive than other tiles so avoid any acid cleaners. Cleaners that have an acidic pH level are harmful to marble tiles. You can use common detergents which are completely chemical-free. After cleaning, rinse well with water so that there is no soapy water or dirt. At the end of it all, you need to wipe with a soft towel so that the water stains do not fall off. Be careful not to use any material that will scratch the tiles.
- Slate tile: Slat tiles are basically the same level so the type of their cleaner is one you follow the same direction in their cleaning. Do not use any cleaner with acidic PH level. You can use lemon juice and white vinegar with mild hot water. You can get effective results from this cleaner. Moreover, it is possible to clean with detergent so you can get an excellent clean floor. Clean with a soft fiber cloth so that water stains do not dry out in the air.
- Granite tile: Granite tile is similar to marble tile. You can clean them with detergent without any harsh detergent. Refrain from using chemicals. You can buff them to make them look shiny. Make sure to clean them by using extra water and don’t forget to dry them with a towel.
How to Clean Vinyl or Linoleum Tile
Thanks to tile engineers, we get the option of tile selection to enhance the beauty of our house. Vinyl is one of the many options we use to enhance the beauty of our home. But we need to make sure they are clean in the right way to keep them working. So be aware of the steps to clean vinyl and linoleum tiles and retain their brightness.
- Vinyl tile: Vinyl tiles are very easy to clean and you don’t have to worry about cleaning them and you can do it in just 30 minutes.
First, sweep or vacuum the specified area, your regular vacuum you can choose to do the job. I would go for a vacuum because a vacuum can clean any space beyond your imagination.
Then wipe the area with a damp cloth as you are going to use a cleaner for maximum cleaning of the tiles. You can use any vinyl cleaner; there are quite a few excellent vinyl cleaners on the market. Or you can make it at home. A mixture of light hot water with some white vinegar will work great.
Give them some time to work (5-10 minutes) and then rinse with water. Scrub and wipe with the twist of the rug tip.
- Linoleum tile: The steps for cleaning linoleum tile are exactly the same as the steps for vinyl tile. Follow the steps above.
You will also find cleaners for cleaning linoleum tiles which will give excellent results. You can also use borax detergent if you want, which can be mixed with water and applied and scrubbed with soft bristles for a while and then washed off with water.
Use a liquid wax or buffy coat for 4 to 6 months to maintain the shine of such tiles. If sealed with polyurethane, rinse with detergent or white vinegar. If it is waxed, dry it after cleaning in the same way with a soft cloth and apply a wax coat. Keep in mind that these types of tiles cannot withstand excessive heat.
We want our surroundings to always be perfectly clean but we often can’t do that due to lack of proper idea. My today’s article was How to Clean Tile Floors Naturally. And I have tried to guide you completely in this matter and share the depth tips in this regard. Towards the end, I want to let you know how you can finally take care of the tiles in the midst of your hundreds of engagements.
Take some time out of all your work once a weak to clean the dry dirt of the tiles. Surely it won’t take too long. Use Soft Bristle’s attachments to do the job. You will find vacuums in the market that are primarily made those vacuum for tiles. Moreover, you can choose a vacuum as a regular vacuum that has the feature of floor cleaning.
Also, mop the floor at least twice a month and look at the stains and try to lift them with a soft cloth so that you don’t get permanent stains on your tiles.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.