As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
With wine in hand, your quick move slows down in moments, when you arrive at your carpeted area. You want to keep the carpets away from all stains so that they do not lose their original beauty and retain their luster.
You take all kinds of precautions to keep your favorite carpets bright. But there is a time when there are some stains on the carpets which one time is bound to be with all of us. Over time, we noticed a variety of spots, whether it was our pet accident or accidentally cutting your leg and bleeding, or your child’s secret messes that all happened on the carpet.
It is very important to clean any stains immediately, the task may be easier if you have a suitable carpet cleaner, but you could not do it in time so your carpets are in a bad condition now. But at this stage, you can’t live with these dirty carpets, which has become very important to clean.
Among the many types of stains, there are some stains that should be cleaned as soon as they occur. Such as pet accidents that spread bad odors, blood stains, coffee stains, red wine stains, chewing gum, etc.
So today I will try to present a whole guide on this matter, how you can get back those bright carpets by removing the stains and how you need to maintain them on a regular basis to keep them clean.
- 1 How to Remove Really Old Carpet Stains
- 1.1 Tool’s You’ll Need
- 1.2 Supplies You’ll Need
- 1.3 Pet Accident
- 1.4 Blood Stain
- 1.5 Coffee Stain
- 1.6 Red Wine
- 1.7 Ink Stain
- 1.8 Chewing Gum
- 2 Guideline on a Regular Basis to Keep Them Attracted
- 3 Buying guide to get an efficient carpet cleaner
How to Remove Really Old Carpet Stains
You need to be prepared with some tools before you can start cleaning.
Tool’s You’ll Need
- A pair of gloves
- Microfiber cloth
- Scrubbing brush
- Spray bottle
- A small bowl or a spoon
Supplies You’ll Need
- Baking soda
- Dishwasher liquid
- Carpet cleaner solution
- Hydrogen peroxide (May needed)
We love our pets but what we don’t love about them is their accidents on the carpet. But we have to put up with it and find ways to clean it up properly. Many pets have accidents due to not having a well train but most do it out of excitement. When they pee on the carpet without our knowledge, it becomes really terrible, and it becomes urgent to clean. Read on to learn more about how to clean a pet poop. But the good news is that there is a way to clean them up.
- Your pet has done his job well. Now you have to start your work. You may need to make a mixture to remove the yellow spots on the urine.
- You can make a mixture of water with vinegar
- Mix it in a bowl. The ratio will be 3:4 and you can mix one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid cleaner with it.
- Throw in a spray bottle. As if it is convenient to apply.
- If you notice it immediately after urinating, then at this stage you should suck it with the help of lots of paper towels. You should suck as much of it as possible with a paper towel. If it takes a long time for you to notice, it may have dried up and started smelling bad.
- Spread a bunch of baking soda to prevent their odor. Do the work across the entire space. Give them some time to sit down. Baking soda is a natural ingredient that helps cure any odor.
- The stench is gone at this stage and you can apply the mixture.
- Let them sit for a while so that they can attack the spots more deeply.
- Vacuum them as they need.
- It would be best for you to use a wet-dry vacuum that can absorb both wet and dry.
Bloodstains are one of the stubborn stains on the carpet. If the blood stains are old, it makes it more difficult for you to remove them. Blood contains proteins that have a profound effect on the fibers. Bloodstains are those stains that get harder as they get older. So as soon as you detect bloodstains, you should remove them so that they do not sit too hard on your carpets. Let’s talk about how to remove blood stains from the carpet.
For New Stain
- 1 t. spoon Dish Soap
- 2 Cup Cold Water
- Mix the ingredient in a bowl
- Apply them to the stain
- Set them for about 10 minutes
- Scrub the stain6
For Dried Stain
- 1 t. spoon ammonia
- ½ cup of warm water
- For very deep stain ammonia is best so mix ammonia with water and make a paste
- Apply the paste on the stain
- Left them for 5-10 minutes
- Simply scrub
- ½ table spoon Dish Detergent
- ½ White Vinegar
- 2 cup of warm water
- Make a thick paste with these ingredients
- Apply on the stain and set them for 5 minutes
- 2 cup of warm water
- 2 cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoon baking soda
- Mix up all the things
- Make a paste
- Apply carefully
- Take a time to work on the bloodstain
- Scrub little to lift the stain
- You can use the solutions for new and old, two types of stains. First vacuum space.
- If the stain is new, wipe off as much of the blood as possible with a paper towel or a cloth that can suck, so that the solution can work well on the stain.
- Now apply the prepared solution (anyone from above), you know what stage your stain is in, and apply it accordingly.
- Let them sit on the stain for a while. Remember nothing is much better, but in the case of old scars, you can take some time.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, wash the area and vacuum.
- Give them time to dry for reuse.
The coffee stains on the carpet look very awkward when they get old. The stains they leave on can be really unbearable for you. You should get down to the job of cleaning it up as soon as the accident happens. But you should have a good and effective solution in advance to do the job.
- You can make a mixture with 1/4 cup of bleach in a bowl with the same amount of water.
- Or you can mix water with vinegar in equal proportions and mix two teaspoons of dishwasher liquid at the same time. It contains acidic power which can work great on coffee stains.
- Take the solution in a spray bottle to make it easier to apply.
- Blot normally from the area with a towel so that it does not spread. Do it carefully so that the stain does not spread.
- Spread the solution on the area. It is important to cover the entire area.
- Let them sit for a while to attack the spots.
- After waiting for a while, rub on the stain with a scrubbing brush. If the stain comes up then you have done it well. If stains remain, repeat the process.
- Vacuum them at the end of it all and give them time to dry.
- You can apply one more trick to remove coffee stains.
- First, blot the remaining coffee with a microfiber cloth.
- Take some hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle and spray it there.
- Spread a cloth over the stain.
- Apply heat to them with your iron. I hope you keep an eye on the tolerable temperature.
- Hold for 10 to 15 seconds. Again you will see some coffee coming up on the towel.
- Do this 15 to 20 times. Hopefully, you will be completely free from the coffee stains of the carpet.
With wine in hand, we clashed with the chair or table in front, so that the carpets are the most polluted. Yes, you already have a glass of wine on your transparent white carpet. Before you get completely frustrated, want to tell me there’s a solution for it. Although red wine stains on carpets are one of the most awkward stains, you can get rid of them. For that, you need to follow some steps.
- You can use some club soda to remove red wine stains.
- Moreover, you can make a solution by mixing vinegar with water in a ratio of 2:4. Vinegar basically works to remove these types of stubborn stains, as they have natural acidic energy.
- There is another solution; with the help of ammonia, it is possible to remove the stains of red wine nicely.
- The first thing you need to do is wipe the floating wine with a towel. You have to do as much as possible. The solutions that suck your purpose as much as possible can work better.
- Spread the club soda on the stain and cover the stain completely so that it does not fall off.
- Rinse again with mild hot water.
- Keep rehearsing it until you can say it with conviction and confidence.
- Otherwise, you can apply the above solutions and give them time to sit down.
- Let them sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub with a brush to reduce the effectiveness of red wine.
- Finally, vacuum the space.
The ink stains on the carpet are the cause of your concern because the stains really look bad. However, there is a solution to remove them. Let’s take a look at the steps to take to get rid of them
- You can use rubbing alcohol to remove pen ink stains. It really works well on ink stains.
- Put some rubbing alcohol on the stain.
- Make sure the spot is sucked with alcohol. In this case, let them sit on the ink stains for a few minutes.
- After waiting for a while, rub gently with a cloth. Be careful not to scatter, it will spread ink stains around.
- Keep rubbing until the stain is completely gone.
- Wash the place and give it time to dry.
- There is another process where you keep rubbing the stained area with the dish wash bar until it is completely gone.
- Of course, the bar must blend perfectly with the stain.
- Also, take some salt and place it for 4-5 hours if possible for the whole night. Let sit and rub until the stain is completely removed.
All we do is get a chewing gum and throw it away as soon as the chewing is over. We adults don’t do that, but it happens to the little ones, and a lot of the time it gets on the carpet, which is awkward to look at. You should not bother with chewing gum at all. Chewing gum is basically not a stain but an object that is completely glued together. All you have to do to lift it is take some very simple steps. All we can do is told you the process step by step.
- To do the job you will need an ice bag and some ice in it.
- Put the bag on the chewing gum stuck to the carpet.
- The ice bag you need to keep until the chewing gum has frozen. Remember it is not just for cooling purposes you need to make it frozen. Since you can’t put the whole carpet in the deep freezer, use an ice bag, so keep giving ice until you get to that point.
- This time the chewing gum will come up in the frozen state. If it doesn’t come up completely, it means you have to freeze it for a long time.
Guideline on a Regular Basis to Keep Them Attracted
- Make a habit to ditch the shoes: Build a habit with yourself and with each member of the household. Take off your shoes when you enter the house. Because entering the house wearing shoes causes a lot of damage to your carpets. Outdoor shoes are harder than your indoor slippers. Do what you have to do to build the habit. Place a rack at the entrance to the room. Encourage your home guests to do the same. You can even keep a few pairs of slippers that will be just for guests.
- Use an area rug: You can use an area rug at the entrance of the house to reduce the hassle on the carpets. This will reduce the pressure on the carpet. Of course, rugs are much easier to clean than washing the whole carpet.
- Vacuum the carpet regularly: This is something you need to do if you want your carpets to not get damaged too quickly. You need to vacuum the carpets regularly. Note that canisters with motorized heads should be used. It is possible to clean the dirt from the depths of the carpet, which ordinary heads cannot.
- Get professional clean at least twice a year: If you think your carpet is too good for your daily vacuum then you are completely wrong. Carpets should be professionally cleaned at least twice a year, even if there are no specific awkward stains. If you want to do the work yourself, you can rent a carpet cleaner on weekends. As for advice, if you have wall to wall carpets all over your house, you can own one. There are great carpet cleaners on the market at very cheap prices. Below is a guide to finding the best carpet cleaner.
- Deal with the stains as soon as possible: This may be the most important step. If there are any major or minor stains on your carpet, work to remove them immediately. This will maintain the beauty of your carpets. If you don’t know the solution to any of them, you must find the solution by searching online but don’t leave the stains.
Buying guide to get an efficient carpet cleaner
If your carpet is quite dirty and you really think about how to remove really old carpet stain it means it is the right time for you to buy a carpet cleaner. If you think you can use it twice a year, then renting is enough. But the advantage of having a carpet cleaner is that since the carpet throughout your house means it will get dirty at different times, a carpet cleaner can be your all-time friend. And you can use it at any time.
When buying a carpet cleaner, it is important to know the aspects, their cleaning skills, how long the carpet will dry again, their water holding capacity, the ability to clean the pet’s hair, how long their cords are, that is, their cleaning reach, etc. Read more about Carpet Cleaner’s Buying Guide.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.