As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We have souls at home but the heart of a home is in the kitchen. Only a housewife can realize this. And he only understands the importance of keeping the place clean. However, kitchens are basically the most used place in a house and there is a lot of dirt. But you can also think about how to clean the kitchen more nicely in addition to the daily chores.
This can be difficult for you if you do not have the right plan. So, you feel the need for a kitchen cleaning checklist. While this may be your own plan, we’ve created a standard kitchen cleaning checklist to make your job a little easier. There is a weekly and monthly cleaning checklist with a daily list. Based on this you can make your list.
Ultimate Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
You won’t need too many products to get your kitchen all cleaned up, and we highly recommend the list below.
Things You’ll Need
- Broom and dustpan
- Flat microfiber mop
- All-purpose Vinegar spray
- Microfiber cloths
- Dishwasher detergent
- Dish soap
- Dry cloth to last wipe
Daily Kitchen Cleaning
You can maintain a smiling and fresh kitchen environment by working just an hour every day. Just follow a few steps. You can maintain the steps at a certain time after cooking or all the work.
- Wash all the Dishes: The first task on the daily kitchen cleaning list is to clean all your dishes and start with this first step. Fill your entire sink with water and add to your regular dishwasher. Dip in all the utensils, including all the dishes, take more stove’s drip pans and burner grates. Take up to about a few minutes. Let the liquids work against them, then scrub the dishes and stove drip pans with a scrubbing sponge. Now wash and dry. Place on a towel or rack for quick drying.
- Soak and Scrub the Sink and Drain the Sink: Rinse the sink after rinsing the dishwasher. Mix a cleaner with mild hot water. Scrub all sinks. Due to the use of hot water, it helps to remove stubborn dirt including all germs. Be sure to wash the faucet at the same time. Drain the sink pipe, keep the line clean every day to keep it clear.
- Clean the Counters, Stove Top, Table Top: Remove all kitchen tops. Thoroughly clean the knobs of cabinets including countertops, stovetops and make a mixture of light hot water and detergent or dish soap in a spray bottle. It is sufficient and quite effective for that work. If you have a granite or a special marble countertop, there are specific cleaners for it that you can use in the market. But the combination of water and detergent is something great.
- Clean the Appliances Surface: Remove the exterior of each appliance, as you use them every day and the food extract remains, if you do not remove it every day, it can be attacked by germs and create a bad smell. In some cases, permanent stains can form from certain foods. Wipe all surfaces, including coffeemaker, microwave, and fridge doors. Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of water and dishwasher and wipe with a microfiber cloth. It can give your kitchen a new look.
- Take Out the Trash Can: It’s time to dump your trash can. This must be done in your daily routine. Get rid of daily garbage. This habit can give you a healthy environment. Because the kitchen is a place where all the food and the leftovers of the food, so the germs live here. This is an important part of kitchen cleaning.
- Sweep and Clean kitchen Floors: You have finished all the work nicely and the last step is you need to sweep or vacuum the kitchen floor. Before removing the floor, vacuum it with your regular vacuum, it will suck the smallest dust and particles of the floor to make a perfect mop. Sweeping can be done, in this case, start sweeping from one side of the kitchen and lift with the help of a dustpan. Make a liquid to mop the kitchen floor. Take one gallon of water with one cup of vinegar. This will eliminate the foul smell of the kitchen and maintain the freshness. However, never use vinegar or alkali for granite or marble floors. Pick the right cleaners for them. And follow specific instructions.
Further Read: How to Clean Wooden Floors Naturally
Weekly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Cleaning the kitchen every day makes your kitchen feel a lot lighter and almost every item you get clean is probably a bit dusty. To keep your kitchen more vibrant you need to do some cleaning work on a weekly basis. Although the Daily Checklist puts you far ahead.
- Clean the Coffeemaker: You need to do this at least once a week. Otherwise, your coffee maker may lose its beauty and quality. One way to easily clean a coffeemaker is to mix some detergent with hot water, pour it in and leave it for about an hour. By now it will do its job. You don’t have to do anything else. After an hour, wash the inside with a soft scrubber. Put some part of that mixture to clean the outside of it. You can use it to clean almost all appliances. Apply the mixture with a microfiber cloth and wipe with another cloth with clean water.
- Look at Inside of the Oven: A commercial cleaner should be used to clean the oven as it encounters many stubborn stains for your daily cooking. Be sure to follow the instructions at their level before using commercial cleaners. Use a glove before applying the cleaner. Keep in mind that the cleaner’s contact with the heat-generating material inside the oven can be harmful, so cover the spaces with aluminum foil paper.
- Also, Clean Inside the Microwave: Use a mixture of distilled vinegar and water to clean the microwave. Place the mixture in a glass bowl to microwave in a short time and for easy cleaning and run the machine in high mode. It will do its job in one and a half to two minutes. You can add lemon juice to the mixture to grind inside the microwave. Now wipe the inside of the microwave with a cloth.
- Clean the Inside of the Dishwasher: Dishwasher cleaning may seem unnecessary to you but to maintain the quality of each item it is important to re-clean them within a certain period of time. Add half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of baking soda to a container to clean the dishwasher. Place the mixture on the rack at the top of the machine and turn it on in normal mode. Note that there will be no other dishes inside the machine at that moment.
- Wash Towels and Dishcloths: Sanitize all towels and wipe cloths in your kitchen. Yes, you have to do it one day a week. If not, you need to think about replacing the new towel and microfiber cloth before the deadline. May the weekly kitchen cleaning work is not possible in one day, take the help of your partner. If that is not possible, do the work twice a week as it is important.
- Mop the Floor: Although every day you mop the kitchen at the end of all the work, keep a day of the week when you will do the work very perfectly. Wipe the floor using a suitable cleaner according to your floor. Don’t forget the floor of your cabinet as it will hide the dirt during daily sweeping.
Monthly Routine for Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
A monthly cleaning checklist will help you maintain the quality of each item in your kitchen. The checklist will help you focus on the part of the kitchen that is always out of focus. Our list will include the points with which you can sort your monthly kitchen cleaning checklist.
- Clean Out Your Refrigerator: Cleaning the fridge can be a bit of a hassle and time-consuming task so once a month is enough and you have to be ready. Keep all foods in the fridge in the safe zone. Open their drip pans. If it is surrounded by rotting food, make a mixture with vinegar and water to sanitize them and immerse in it. Wash the inside of the fridge with soapy water. Don’t forget the small areas. Reach all the corners with the help of a toothbrush. Before re-storing all the food, wipe it dry with a cloth with clean water and dry it. Now remove all possible places including the doors of the fridge. You should use a vacuum to pull the dirt out of the refrigerator coils using a crevice tool.
- Wipe the Cabinet Door and Drawers: We ignore this task most of the time. Most of the time we leave the drawers unwashed, but there can be a lot of germs living there. So once a month you need to clean all the drawers, cabinets and table drawers inside the kitchen. In addition to sweeping the dust inside, use a vacuum attachment to remove dirt from the compressed space of the drawer. Be sure to clean the doors at the same time. Remember that if your cabinet or table is made of wood, refrain from using water for a long time.
- Pay Attention to the Back of the Cabinets, Refrigerator: Cleaning the backs of our furniture is so important that maybe we forget to do it and get lazy. It may not be cleaned once a year. So, it is good to know that most of the insects in the kitchen are behind the furniture. So, we should do this once a month. A broom can be used to do the job or there are currently quite effective attachments with a vacuum that make it easy to clean almost anywhere in a room.
Keeping kitchens clean is very important to make our work easier and to maintain a healthy environment. A kitchen cleaning checklist can make your job much easier as the kitchen has many stages where continuous cleaning is required. Since these are not clear one-day tasks, a well-planned checklist is much more important for your success. So, we tried to guide you on that.
Maybe you have more effective ways than that, in that case don’t forget to share it with us in the comment box.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.